My patience has been rewarded this morning. I awoke to find that the glue has completely dried and the ballast is set in place with almost nothing coming loose. I thought I’d do a little subtle dry-brushing to start weathering the track. Until I settle on the final setting for this layout I won’t go much further into weathering the track.
It’s a beautiful day outside so I thought I’d take layout out and set in on the porch railing and get a few more photos of it after my light weathering. I tried dry brushing along the rail sides and where the rails met the ties with a rust colour. I’m not entirely sold on the final effect and may go over these areas with a more oily-brown colour later on to take away the reddish tones.