I was making progress on the first version of the layout. Then I started re-reading my posts on what I wanted to do with this layouta and how I wanted its design to evolve. Looking at what I was doing I started to find the gap between the two hard to ignore and started to think about how I could bring it back in line. Some radical surgery with the saw and a bit of mental re-grouping and here’s where things are at now.
I still don’t have quite enough room to jam S scale into this space so this is built with HO in mind. I really, really like the way the scene is already starting to come together and look forward to posting a more detailed update very soon. Now to get some ties laid and start soldering in some rail.