It’s another lovely sunny day and I thought I’d take the shingles outside to grab a couple of photos of them, now that they are painted.
As with the bricks I started painting the shingles with a wash of colour rubbed into the sheet. This time these first tones were more grey to approximate shingles which had silvered as they aged. With that base coat applied I then started washing on layers of white. Each wash of white was focussed toward the top of each course where paint would have been slightly more protected from the weather while the wall waited for a proper coat of paint.
In the final photo, I staged the shingles against my brick sample both to help gauge the size and to contrast in terms of texture and material. Seeing them placed like this I must admit I’m not as disappointed in the shingles as I’ve been so far.